MasterCard announced the results of “Best Mobile App Index”, the single European index of mobile applications for purchase. This index not only reveals the best mobile apps for shopping in 36 European countries, but also reveals the different ways in which people accept mobile technology while shopping on the move.
By recognizing the best apps in 19 categories of retail and identifying major trends in the industry, research conducted across the sector shed light on the changed habits of customers and applications developers, and their interaction with traders.
The results of this index show that the best applications for purchase come with two big European market – from Great Britain and Germany. Of the 19 best applications for shopping, 5 coming from the UK, five from Germany and 2 from Turkey.
Britain and Germany are not only leaders in terms of the quality of their applications, but also in the number of applications, since in both countries there are more than 70 applications available for purchase. The average number of applications for purchase in Europe, by country, is 30th.
Best applications to the results of the authors of MasterCard are:
- Argos – United Kingdom (Retail sales through various channels)
- BlaBlaCar – France (Personal services)
- BiTaksi – Turkey (Taxis)
- Booking.com Hotel Reservations – Worldwide & Hotel Deals – Netherlands (Accommodation)
- Conrad – Germany (Electronics and multimedia content)
- Chocogreets – Switzerland (Gifts and surprises)
- easyJet – United Kingdom (Airline ticket)
- Lieferheld – Germany (Food)
- Mothercare – United Kingdom (Various)
- abundant – Turkey (Transport)
- pamediakopes.gr – Greece (Breaks)
- Parko – Israel (Parking)
- Nexto Reader – Poland (Publishing)
- Shpock – Germany (Online auctions and classifieds)
- Spotlime – Italy (Tickets to entertainment events)
- Sixt Rent a Car – Germany (Automobile)
- The Body Shop -Great Britain (Cosmetics)
- Tesco – United Kingdom (Foodstuffs)
- Zalando – Germany (Clothing & Fashion)